Re-Installing The Gearbox With Boat
- Re-Install tunnel expansion plugs in port and starboard ends of
- The plate is removed from inside the hull by removing the 12
-1/4" hex cap screws and the 2 - 3/8" nuts. Take care not to disturb the 4
saddle mounting bolts and saddle. The "0" ring is left in its slot in the
- Gearbox is then placed in the saddle and fastened down after
insuring that the "O" ring is intact and placed in the slot in the saddle
face. Use Locktite #242 on the 1/4" hex cap screws and tighten to 10 lb. ft. torque.
The two 3/8" nuts should have Locktite #242 applied and tighten to 30 lb. ft. torque.
Remove the tunnel plugs while checking inside the vessel that
there are no leaks and the "O" ring seal is good.
- The prop shaft nuts should have Never Seize applied. The keys
should be secured in the shaft with Locktite #242. Install the props. Props should be
installed on the gearbox shafts by a diver. It is essential that the props slide on and
off the shafts without great effort. This will ensure that a prop puller will not be
required to remove the props for future maintenance.
- Slide a wood bar into the tunnel to prevent rotation of the shaft
while tightening the prop nuts. Finally, screw the zincs on using Neverseize and tighten
with a plumbers basin wrench. The zincs act as a locknut as well as a sacrificial zinc.
- Reinstall the stator screens.
- Reinstall the hydraulic motor and bolt the two 3/8" bolts
that secure it to the thruster gearbox.
THRUSTER MANUFACTURING IS ALL WE DO !
Please contact us with any questions.
855 Worcester Road
Framingham, MA 01701, USA
Office Phone: 508-879-7100
Mobile Phone: 508-733-1727
Office Fax: 508-879-1119
("Patent # 6,009,822") & SHIPWRIGHTS Inc.